Friday, November 5, 2010

5 Years

Five years ago I said "I do" to a wonderful man.  Five years ago I married my best friend. Five years ago I was 22 years old.  Five years ago I had been out of college for six months.  Five years ago I had been working for a month.  Five years ago the man I was marrying had just gotten cleared to be a substitue teacher.   Five years ago we had moved into my aunt and uncle's guest house.  Five years ago started out with big hopes and dreams. Five years ago today is one of my favorite memories.  

Five years later, my hopes and dreams have come true.  We live in a house where I am beyond blessed to be a stay at home mom to our energetic & charming 1 1/2 year old boy.  My husband is in his fourth year of teaching & loves what he does.  In five years, I have learned to cook and can make something other than spaghetti (!!).  I am more in love with my husband today than I was when I married him.  Five years later, we are closer & more in tune with each other.  We have learned communication skills, read Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus,  and learned what our love languages are.  We are learning how to be parents, which creates a whole new ballgame. 

In five years, we have been amazed again and again by God's faithfulness and His constant provision.  How great is our God! I look back on our first five years of marriage and it brings a smile to my face.  I cannot wait to see what the next five years hold in store for us! 



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment