We are looking forward to spending Christmas in Oregon with David's family. This will be the first Christmas without his dad (John passed away in January). While it will be bittersweet, I am thankful that the family is able to go through this together. It has been on my mind lately and I confess that I am nervous about how it all will all go. I am not a big fan of crying in front of others and my tendency is to make a joke, or bring up the good memories, try to get people to laugh. When you think of us this Christmas, please pray that we remember the joy and laughter that John has brought to our lives (and also pray that I handle the situation the right way). While this will be a sad time, it will also be a joyful time thanks to the littlest Thompsons, Jordan (21 months) & Winter (7 months). The sweet sound of a child's laughter, the small hands that hold yours, the hugs that they give - they are like a balm to those who are dealing with grief.
Onward and upward, to infinity and beyond, to go where no man has gone before. In other words, here are the long awaited Christmas decoration pictures!



Thanks for accommodating my request! ;) House looks great and I'm still amazed Jordan doesn't completely tear open those gifts under the tree!
ReplyDelete