Wednesday, January 19, 2011

As I went to clear off the table last night after dinner I found myself inwardly groaning.  My little one had lasagna and yogurt, got it on his hands and smeared it all over the table.  Fan-tastic.  Then I started thinking of the toys that needed to be picked up, the clothes that needed to be washed, the kitchen that needed cleaning, and other random household chores.  I was tired.  The last thing I wanted to do was clean.  I had gone to the library earlier in the day and was looking forward to relaxing & reading.  

With dishes in hand, I head to the kitchen.  Halfway there (about 3 steps), a still small whisper in my heart said "Be Thankful".

I am thankful for the messy table, for it means that I am able to feed my family.
I am thankful for the toys scattered around the house, for it means that my child is happily playing with what has been given to him. 
I am thankful for the laundry I have to do, for it means my family has clothes to keep them warm (or cool).
   I am thankful for the bathrooms I have to clean, for it means indoor plumbing. 
I am thankful for the dishes I have to unload/load, for it means that I do not have to wash them by hand.
I am thankful for the books I have to put away, for it means my child loves to read ("read").


As I plop down on the couch to read, I am thankful for the contentment that comes from knowing my house is in order and my heart is thankful.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment