Wednesday, October 20, 2010

High Five

I am all about high fives.  I like encouragement as much as the next person but I am not a fan of big long hugs and "you are fantastic/great/wonderful!" with enthusiastic clapping.  I think that gene is missing in me.  You will not catch me clapping and telling my munchkin that he did "such a good job! Oh Mommy is so proud of you! You're so smart!".  Keep in mind, I am not knocking this form of encouragement.  It is just not what I do.  Give me a high five and a grin any day.  


When the munchkin throws his trash away, puts a toy back (on the rare occasions that happens), or returns any item that he took from the kitchen, he knows what's coming - yep, a high five.  He automatically raises his hand as he passes by me on his way to more exciting things than high fiving his mom.  I  am pretty sure he did an eye roll the other day.  


I even give high fives to the first grader I babysit when I help him with his homework.  His older sisters are way too cool for high fives, but it does not stop me! Through the big sighs and "you're so lame", they high five me back.  I like to think they secretly love it.  There's just something fun about high fives.   


Go on ... you know you want to do it - give someone a high five & a grin! It's like a warm fuzzy.  
Photobucket



2 comments:

  1. haha! So cute :) I like high fives too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love high fives (& tens!) - Brad makes copper give him high tens every time his team scores. If a dog could roll their eyes- i'm sure she would. ;)

    ReplyDelete