Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Toddlerisms

I was talking to my mother in law yesterday and updating her on the latest with the munchkin. She thought it was humorous, I realized that I also thought it was humorous (most of the time), thus decided to share it with you all.   Laugh along :) 


The munchkin is almost 19 months and boy is he fast (as fast as an almost 19 month old can be).  My little boy is not a fan of diaper changes - how dare I lay him down on the floor and keep him from running around, leaving toys everywhere?! I have learned that if I say "Munchkin, I need to change your diaper", he decides it's time to flee.  This usually ensues in my chasing him around the house, which he thinks is great fun and laughs with glee until I catch him.  He then proceeds to throws a fit once I catch him.  The best way to keep him happy is to sing to him, which usually comprises of Alice the Camel who goes from five humps to none, then turns into a horse.  (It's a good lesson - by the time Alice turns into a horse, his diaper is changed and he's off again!).


With this wonderful bipolar weather and the munchkin playing with more kids, he has developed a cold.  No problem.  It's life.  The only issue with a cold is a runny nose.  As soon as the munchkin sees me grab a tissue, guess what? He flees, yet again.  I cringe.  I chase, yet again.  If you hear my child fussing and crying, and see me holding him in a headlock, it's okay.  I am just wiping his nose.   I have also learned a valuable lesson:  do not wipe nose when mouth is full of cheerios.  It results in wet gummy cheerios all over the floor.  


I have decided to look at all this chasing around in a positive note -- it's exercise! 


Photobucket


1 comment: