Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 16: What is the first thing that pops into my head when I think of my father?

Laughter.

Growing up, my dad has always been able to make me laugh.  He could make me laugh by telling a joke or just doing something silly (usually it was the latter).  Granted, those who know me know that it is extremely easy to make me laugh but I contribute that to my upbringing.  If I didn't grow up in a household where laughter abounded, I doubt it would be that easy to make me laugh.  Everytime I see my dad, whether it be twice a week or twice a month, you can bet at some point you'll hear me laughing.  I am so thankful and grateful for that because it was a trait that I looked for in a husband.  I wanted to marry someone who could make me laugh as much as my dad did.  So thank you Dad, for the laughter.  It has been fun (ny?) being your daughter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment