Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 5: Thoughts on Growing Old

When I think about growing old, I thank my lucky stars for the genes I have.  The women on both sides of my family do not look their age.  While I may complain now that people think I am younger than I am, I know that one day I will be so thankful for that.  You may call this vanity, I call it self-awareness :) 

Another thing about growing old is being with my family.  I have always been family oriented, so you can bet that as I get older and my children get older and have children of their own, I want to be surrounded by them.  You won't find me knitting afghans or baking pies.  That's not the type of person I am.  You will find me laughing with those I love, listening to stories, telling my own crazy stories that will probably be made up, and generally being thankful for the life I have lived and the blessings I have.  


One last thought on growing old: I will not have to worry about losing my hearing! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment