Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 19: The First Time I

got an A in math, the teacher did not put it up on the board.  :(


In my fifth grade class, the teacher displayed the students'  work at the end of the week, which mostly consisted of A's.  I was a good speller so getting an A in spelling did not mean much.  Yes, it was nice to have my spelling test displayed each week, but it was not that big a deal.  


Math, on the other hand ... ::groans:: Math was by far my worst subject.  Getting an A in math was not as easy as getting an A in spelling! So you can imagine how excited and proud I was for getting an A on a math test, only to have yet another easy spelling test put up on the board.  I was devastated.  I wanted the whole class to know that I, Stacy Speck (remember, I'm in fifth grade here), had finally gotten an A on a math test.  


This particular event ingrained itself into my memory.  I shall forever blame this on why I never got an A on a math test again! 



No comments:

Post a Comment