Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 4: My Best Friend

For those of you who know me well, you know that I am not the biggest fan of the term 'best friend'.  I think it is thrown around too lightly and so I reserve it for when I truly feel that someone is my best friend.  So, imagine my surprise when I'm walking around campus one day with this guy and I blurt out "you're my best friend".  Instantly I wish I could take it back - did I just say that? Why did I say that? What if he doesn't consider me his best friend?  After a pause and a bewildered look on his face, this guy answers, "you're my best friend too".  ... ok.  So it's established, we are best friends.  Why was this so important?

My mother always told me that the man I marry should be my best friend.  I'm so thankful I took that to heart because it was one of the best pieces of advice she's ever given me.  I married my best friend. David is the one that I talk to about everything.  He is the one that can take one look at me and know if I need a hug or a laugh.  He knows my strengths and my weaknesses & he compliments them with his own.  I could go on and on, but I won't :) For now, I will just say that I am beyond blessed to be married to my best friend.     





2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about my hubby..we are lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best friends TOTOALLY make the best husbands. You picked a good one! ;o)

    ReplyDelete